[bksvol-discuss] Next Meeting of the Science Fiction Club, Thursday, April 10, 2014

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "For members of the science fiction club that meets in theAccessibleWorld book nook" <sfclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 16:53:50 -0400

Hello Folks,
We had a good turnout at our most recent meeting, including a visit from
someone whom we haven't seen in a long while. Hope your schedule will permit
you to return again soon Carla! Most of us enjoyed our book, Blood Music by
Greg Bear. For our next book, we go back a bit further for another book that
was expanded from a Nebula Award winning shorter work, The Dream Master by
Roger Zelazny.

The next meeting of the Science Fiction club will be on Thursday, April 10,
2014.

Place, Book Nook at:

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

Time: 9 PM Eastern, 8 PM Central, 7 PM Mountain, 6 PM Pacific, and 01:00 UTC.

Our book, The Dream Master by Roger Zelazny, is available as a digital download
from BARD at:

http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.nls/db.62302

The bookshare version is at:

https://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/5118

(The Bookshare version is rated only Good however. Lissi and I are in the
process of replacing it.)

Here's the NLS annotation:

Psychotherapist and shaper Charles Render
modifies people's dreams as part of their treatment. While
training blind psychiatrist Eileen Shallot to become a
shaper, Charles enters her dreams to introduce her to sight.
But when he falls in love with her, her dreams become his
torment. Nebula Award. 1966.

Hope to see lots of people at the next meeting to talk about this classic, and
maybe return visits from others we haven't seen in a long while.

Evan