[bksvol-discuss] Next Meeting of the Horror Book Club

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 00:39:41 -0800

Hey everyone,

This is your one week warning. Well ok, one week, give or take a few hours, depending on when you read this. The horror book club will meet next week on Thursday, November 29, at 6:00 p.m. Pacific, 9:00 p.m. Eastern, to discuss Peter Straub's Ghost Story. The meeting will be held in the Friends of Bookshare Community Room at:

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

Here is a brief synopsis of Ghost Story.

For four aging men in the terror-stricken town of Milburn, New York, an act inadvertently carried out in their youth has come back to haunt them. Now they are about to learn what happens to those who believe they can bury the past - and get away with murder.

Ghost Story is available on Bookshare. Follow this link:

http://www.bookshare.org/web/SingleTitle.html?submittitleid=33422

The book is also available from NLS on cassette, and possibly as a digital download.

We encourage one and all to attend. Come and share your thoughts on Straub's characters, plot, or any other aspect of the book which so moves you. And do not panic. For those who find they haven't completed, or gasp, haven't even begun the book, we'd still love for you to join us. And to those of you who are suddenly feeling a new urge, a ravenous craving, to delve into horror in any form, come on by. Before, during, and after discussion of Ghost Story, many a tangent will surely develop, perhaps spurred by your comments and questions. And yes, we definitely love tangents. In short, come one, come all, and embrace the world of horror.

For questions or comments related to the horror book club, which meets the last Thursday of every month in the Friends of Bookshare Community Room, contact Scott Blanks at:
mailto:scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx