[bksvol-discuss] Re: Newbie questions

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 18:59:41 -0400

Hi, Tim.
Welcome to Bookshare!

If you checked out a book, there's no need to put a hold on it.

Holds are put on books when they're added to the check-out list so that the
intended volunteer can get them.

Yes, any book can be scanned.  There are some publishers who donate books to
Bookshare and some volunteers prefer not to scan books from these publishers.
If you're looking for books to scan, the wishlist might give you some ideas.

There's just the one check-out list.  If you want to proof something in
particular or a particular genre, definitely post to this list and someone will
likely respond.

  The yearly subscription to Bookshare costs $50.00.
  You earn $2.50 for each book you proof and for each of your scans that is
added to the collection.
  These aren't real dollars but Bookshare credits that you can then use to
renew your subscription.
  Christina