[bksvol-discuss] New volunteer with questions

  • From: jane albrecht <jalbrecht@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:22:19 -0500

Hello, I just found out about this list. I'm hoping that I can get some good answers here. I have written to the volunteer email address several times asking questions and getting bno reply.

I have scanned several books this year to bookshare. I'd like to know how to get books from BookShare to proofread to get onto the website. What is Step 1?

Could you tell me how to access Jakes Tips so I can read what others have for tips etc.

I am a totally blind user and often proofread with my BrailleNote. It works pretty well. I'm not real good with MSWord although I'm willing to learn. I just haven't done much with it. I am a certified rehab teacher so learning to utilize it shouldn't be too hard.

I look forward to participating on this list. Thanks so much for all your help

Jane Albrecht
Seeing Eye Dog Izzy
(a black lab)