[bksvol-discuss] Re: New volunteer intro and request for help.

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 12:25:39 -0500

Laura,

Without any more to go on, I'd guess you may be having a problem getting
through a firewall.  What operating system are you using, and is there any
security software on your computer such as Norton or McAfee?

Also, Bookshare assumes the download will work and changes its status as
soon as you choose to proceed with the download.  You'll need to go to your
Step 2 page and release the book before you can attempt the download again.
This quirk actually comes in handy if you know that all you are going to do
is reject the book because it's a duplicate by the same submitter or have
already downloaded the book previously due to the book expiring and just
need to be registered as the validator.

Once we have more info to go on, someone can help you check to see if you're
being blocked by a firewall or suggest a different possibility for the
problem if it's obvious that a firewall's not your problem.

Gerald

  _____