[bksvol-discuss] Re: New scanner

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 11:39:05 -0700

Well, in looking at it, it would appear that it'll remove the driver
as well as the software. Stupido. So, what I would do if u wanna keep
it from starting up is this:
1) Create a restore point by going to start > programs > accessories >
system tools > restore >create restore point I'd also back up the
registry which can be done by a variety of methods;
2) Open registry editor by going to the start menu, type r for run, &
type in regedit.
3) Press ctrl f, type the word "run" in the edit box, check key &
match whole string, uncheck everything else;
4) Tab & arrow down to see if u find the opticbook entry--if not,
press f3 & press tab--repeat till found;
5) Press delete & reply yes to the prompt.