[bksvol-discuss] Re: New proofreading requirements: quotes, ellipses, and dashes

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 17:32:53 -0700

What would make that difficult is that the footnote itself is so far from
where in the text one wold want to put it; otherwise it would be no more
difficult than what we do with picture or caption.

 I guess, though, if Kurzweill doesn't recognize superscript numbers  for
the reader the system of  space asterisk number space is what we should go
back to;  or is Kim's option number 2 better?  space footnote number space
-- wouldn't that cause confusion, make it seem the number is part of the
text itself? or d oes the context make it clear that it's a footnote
number? I'll be working soon on a couple of books that will have a lot of
footnote numbers
 Cindy