[bksvol-discuss] Re: New proofreaders

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 20:13:35 -0700

Many paperbacks are numbered from the first page, though the page numbers are not printed until the table of contents. When I scan these, I put in all the page numbers. In fact, I just submitted a book like that. It is Fireflood by Vonda McIntyre.

Misha

On 7/21/2011 3:08 PM, Tim Syfert wrote:
The preliminary pages are numbered in Arabic. I talked to
Rick today and he said some books do have Arabic numbers starting on the very first page after the front cover. The body of the text starts on page 15. This is the Partisan book. So, of course, I'll leave things as is. Never saw a book like this (in my short career). (smile)

*From: *Beverly Cory <beverlycory@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:beverlycory@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
*Date: *July 20, 2011 6:25:53 PM PDT
*To: *bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Subject: **Re: [bksvol-discuss] Re: New proofreaders*

ACK! That is a mistake. How did I get it? Lordy. Let me figure out how to put it back. I'm not even an approved proofreader yet.

On Jul 20, 2011, at 6:03 PM, Tim Syfert wrote:

I followed the link and it stated that the book was checked by another volunteer. Thanks.

Tim