[bksvol-discuss] Re: New proofreaders

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:05:49 -0700

Hi Tim,

 If the arabic numbers don't start on page one, I'm assuming the book has
Arabic numbering after the preliminary pages, count the number of
preliminary pages, and number them with lower case Roman numerals.  If you
hav already got Roman numerals on some preliminary pages from the scan, and
there are too many pages to keep accurate numbering in the preliminary
pages, leave pages that come before Roman numeral i unnumbered, using the
Roman numerals that may have scanned as accurate markers of how pages should
be numbered.

Does that answer your question?

If not, ask again and I'll give a clearer explanation.

Mayrie

  _____

From: Beverly Cory <beverlycory@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: July 20, 2011 6:25:53 PM PDT

To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: Re: [bksvol-discuss] Re: New proofreaders

ACK! That is a mistake. How did I get it? Lordy. Let me figure out how to
put it back. I'm not even an approved proofreader yet.

On Jul 20, 2011, at 6:03 PM, Tim Syfert wrote:

I followed the link and it stated that the book was checked by another
volunteer. Thanks.

Tim

  _____