[bksvol-discuss] Re: New process for handling captions!

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 17:44:15 -0800

So we should at least put 3 asterisks at end so the reader will know where the caption ends?

Misha

On 11/3/2015 12:07 PM, Madeleine Linares wrote:

Hi all,

We have a slightly new way of handling captions in books now. Rather than placing the entire thing in square brackets, just place the word “caption” in square brackets. This is because the caption text comes from the author/publisher and not from us. If they are in the middle of the text they can be preceded and followed with three asterisks.

This is similar to image descriptions, but since we are creating these image descriptions ourselves, the entire thing should be surrounded by brackets, whereas we are not creating the text of the caption. Let me know if anyone has questions!

Best,

Madeleine Linares

Volunteer Coordinator

Bookshare, a Benetech Initiative