[bksvol-discuss] New here

  • From: "kelli finger" <kellifinger2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 21:07:40 -0400

Hello everyone,

i'm kelli and I live in Michigan. i've been a member of Bookshare for over a year now. I am planning on scanning and submitting books. i have a few basic questions which i'm hoping someone can answer for me.

I use Open Book, and have discovered that I need to play around with the scanning settings, particularly pthe print recognition. i've never really had to do that before, because everything I've scanned came out fine until i tried to scan a novel. Then it was horrible.

Basically, when I hit apply after changing the speech or scanning settings and then close Open Book, the next time I restart the program, my settings are as they were before I changed them.

For those of you who use open Book, what settings do you find have the least amount of errors when scanning? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kelli - kellifinger2@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.myfreedombox.com/users/ladyk/