[bksvol-discuss] New books in

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 23:59:06 -0500

Just wanted to let y'all know about some of our weekend of work that is now in
the collection.  We have added Inner Views from My Culture by Audrey Abell
which was a senior project by a young lady with Cerebral Palsy where she asked
41 questions of teens and young adults with physical disabilities and recorded
the answers they cared to share.  Another was Death Is Natural by Laurence
Pringle, teaching younger kids about how death is natural using examples in
nature.  and finally, for fun, a little kids books, Everyone's Hero: Screwie's
Adventure by Howard Jonas, Tracey West based on the movie, Everyone's Hero.

In the works are "The Science of Hitting" by Ted Williams (Doug will proof) and
Horace and Morris Say Cheese (which makes Dolores sneeze!) by James Howe (which
Lynnsky will proof) and I have three children's books in the queue that a new
volunteer, Pamela Hoffard, worked on.

Valerie Maples

currently proofing:  Hilda Baker School Nurse, The Haunted Attic, Double Take,
Cherry Cheesecake Murder, Creative Correction; The Bible Study