[bksvol-discuss] Re: New York Times books ordered

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 08:18:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Monica.

  We already have the Kiyosaki book (Rich Man, Poor Man) in the collection, but
it's rated good.  Since it's been on the New York Times advice bestseller list
for years, I thought we should have an excellent copy available. Recently I
glanced at the other New York Times bestseller lists that I usually ignore
(kiddie, hardbound advice, paperback advice) and saw that there were three
books that had been on the paperback advice list for years. I suggested to the
Bookshare staff that we get them and they agreed, so I ordered What to Expect
When You're Expecting, The Four Agreements, and Rich Man, Poor Man with the
regular New York Times bestsellers this month.  I'll process the regular
bestsellers first, then the advice ones.

  I read 2 reviews of the Dick Francis book, Under Orders, at amazon.com and
they both liked it, said it was the Dick Francis writing that we all know and
love (I'm paraphrasing here).  I'll try to process it sooner than the others.
(It depends on when the book appears on the Bookshare doorstep.)

  Carrie