[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Word Document in Manual

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:09:05 EDT

If you haven't tried proofreading don't give up at least until you do. I
find proofreading a lot easier than scanning. I will admit that I had some
trepidation about scanning too and continued to proofread for some time before
I tackled scanning. When I finally did try scanning I had some trouble with
it and I am still having some trouble with it. I am certainly not nearly as
good at it as a good many here. One thing, though, that did help me at
scanning was the experience I got from proofreading. I started proofreading in
July of 2008 and did not try scanning until about January of this year. By
that time I had learned a lot from proofreading that my attempts at scanning
went a lot smoother than I expect it would have if I had started out scanning.

                                                                  "Can a
nation be free if it oppresses other nations? It cannot." Vladimir Lenin

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Word Document in Manual
Date:
8/24/2009 8:13:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
gstweedy@xxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I know I won't be doing it,
I'm having enough trouble getting my scans excepted much less proofing,
thanks! but no thanks
depending upon how it goes,
I'm not even sure I'm gonna even stay with the scanning,
that is more overwhelming than I thought,
not that I  thought it would be a breeze far from it,
but I honestly didn't think I would have this much difficulty,
no fault of anyone's
I'm one if I don't catch on,
if I  don't do a fine job,
I tend to give up feel I'll never learn it rightly that kind of thing,
sometimes I keep on till I get it right if I'm determined enough
but sometimes,
I have to admit I quit,
and this may!
be one of the few times I may have to quit, and leave it to those who can.
I hope and pray yes, that I don't have to,
but I am realistic enough to know
that if I can't, I can't and that will be that.
I always hesitate to give up because later I think could I have, should I
have, would it have worked out that kind of thing,
we shall see,
no matter what happens though it's been fun simply because I tried and met
y'all thanks for putting up with my foibles and all,
you have a wonderful thing here, no matter what happens to me as a
volunteer, bookshare I will always love.
It has given me many hours of happy reading, and some hours of trying to
help in the best way I know how.