[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Word Document in Manual

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:03:22 -0500

This is what I do as well. I didn't do it on my first few submissions, but I am now. It certainly makes books much easier to navigate if the headings are all in place.

Melissa

Lynn I wrote:
Hi Reggie!
I hadn't been changing the font in chapter headings either until my last five or so proofreads. You see, we all learn as we go. In Word, 2003: 1. Highlight the chapter heading that you want to work with; 2. In the menus, hgo to "format"; 3. Under "format" you'll find "font." Enter there. It will open up a dialog box. The font that your book is in should be the font name that comes up. For example, Times New Roman; 4. Tab once, and you'll see the "style" which is probably "regular"; 5. Arrow don to "bold" and tab once; and 6. Next you will see the "size." Arrow down to "16 point" and hit "enter." You don't have to tab over to the "ok" button, in this instance, to exit the dialog box. I find it easiest to enlarge and bold the chapter headings or chapter numbers as I read through the book. Do whatever works well for you. HTH Blessings. Lynnsky