[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Volunter questions

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:13:28 -0600

Hi Virginia, and thanks for joining our list and being eager to learn a new
activity. Your work will be much appreciated.

I can't answer most of your questions because I have Kurzweil which runs the
document through ocr and then gives it back to you.

As far as pictures go, leave them out. However, if you enjoy describing things
or just have a feeling that to much is being lost, you could write "Picture
Caption: Johnnie is sliding closer and closer to the mud puddle with his brand
new shoes on. (End of Caption)

I hope this will help you and make you feel that much more confident and sure
of yourself. All of us on this list had to learn this and other little
workaround techniques, but it's worth it to us and others who want to read our
scans.