[bksvol-discuss] New Volunter questions

  • From: "Virginia Tallman" <tallman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 06:50:18 -0800

Hello everyone

I am new to Bookshare and am in the process of scanning my first book to
submit. Before I get in too deep, I hope you who have more experience than I
do, can give me some pointers. If you use a different scanning software than
what comes with your scanner, (i.e. HP) do you find one better than another.
I don't have the option of setting my software to scan two pages so am doing
it one page at a time. The book I am scanning is short so it will be a good
learning experience. I am not sure what this file is to look like when I
send it in. I have it in Word as an RTF file as requested and each page
looks like (format wise) the book including pictures. That is the last
question for now. What about pictures that are included in the book which
are a part of the book. Do I include them or not.  Of course I want to do
this right the first time but understand I have a lot to learn yet.

Thanks for any help

Virginia Tallman