[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Volunteer/Member

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:57:27 -0400

Dear Jenny and Volunteers,

Welcome Jenny. The volunteers here are practical, caring, enthusiastic and helpful. You'll be amazed at the range of their interests and abilities.

Fun is had here.

Work gets done here.

If you happen to love books, everything about them, then this list is as fascinating as being back stage during a concert or Broadway play. You'll get sneak peaks at what books are being prepared and how they are tweaked to arrive, in tact and accurate for excellent ratings and approval. Pretty soon you'll be associating names with personalities, reading and volunteering preferences and individual talents and we'll get to know you, too.

I've learned to validate books here and I love doing it. Though I have far to go, I'm enjoying the journey. Don't worry about elementary questions. Mine were positively preschool! I didn't even realize I had Microsoft Word and had no concept of the significance of file extensions. Sometimes I worried that my next question would be one too many, and the list would collectively ask me to come back in a few years when I knew how to use my computer. That never happened. The help was always there.

I'm going to venture to tell you how I format headers and page numbers. I delete the book title and author's name that appears on all of the pages.I make sure all pages are numbered consecutively and that no page numbers are skipped. On every page I make sure there is a blank line above and below every number. I also make sure chapters are labeled as they appear in the book. To prevent chapter names from being stripped, I put the word Chapter on a line by itself above the real chapter name with a blank line above and below it. My hope is that the stripper will remove the extra word, chapter, that it sees first, and leave the real chapter name below it alone.

OK, everyone. This is my first time answering this question. Please set me straight before I cause Jenny to do it wrong.

Always With Love,

Lissi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>