[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Volunteer. Writing to say "HI!"

  • From: "Lisa B." <hunter123@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 06:43:43 -0400

Hi, Kolby.

welcome to the list. Everyone here is very supportive and always willing to
answer questions.

You can help validate books even if you don't have a scanner.

after you log into Bookshare, you can choose the link that says "Step One
Download".  This will take you to a page where books which have been scanned
but not proofread can be downloaded.  You can sort the list by author,
title, or the type of file format in which the book was uploaded to
Bookshare.  Once you've chosen a book and downloaded it, you can unzip it
and start proofreading.

I know this was kind of a short explanation, so feel free to ask if you have
more specific questions.  You should also get an E-mail from Jesse F. with
more in-depth instructions on downloading and validating books.

Lisa