[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Volunteer Looking for Help

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 23:06:19 -0500

You can check if your computer is still working by pressing insert/pagedown on
the numeric keyboard. If it says "done" then you can move around the screen. If
it says anything else, then you are still working.

If it does say "done" and the screen appears to be the same screen then press
ctrl+home to take you to the top of the page, and press ctrl+f to bring up a
jaws "find" function. In the field that asks for what to look, type "error".
There may be a message from bookshare's computer about a problem with your
book. If so, it's a bear to find. But hang in there and you'll be breezing
through this part of the process flawlessly quite soon.

hth
Bob