[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Submissions

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:35:18 -0600

You can leave in the headers as long as they scanned well so they are pretty consistent, which is the only way that the software recognizes and removes them automatically. You can remove them if you would like. Just leave page numbers in. On pages where a new chapter begins at the top of the page you should type in the page number at the top of the page and then hit return a couple of times. This is because the header stripper will be confused and remove the chapter title if there is no header of some kind above it. It sees that the word chapter or the number recurs on many pages and decides the chapter title is a header. If there is already a page number or header on that page it is no longer looking for soming repeated to strip.
I hope that helps and is written clearly enough. I'm in a hurry to go eat now. <grin>

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity
----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica" <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>