[bksvol-discuss] New Submission: Book One: Millie's Unsettled Season

  • From: Barbara <barbarab65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Book Share <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 23:08:05 -0800 (PST)

I noticed that I had sent this e-mail to the young address so I am resending it:

   just submitted the following:

  Title: Book One: Millie?s Unsettled Season

  Author: Martha Finley

  Copyright Date: 2001

  Copyright Holder: Mission City Press, Inc.

  ISBN: 1-928749-09-7

  Short Synopsis:

  This novel follows the exciting life and times of the 19th Century, Christian
protagonist, Millie Keith.

  Long Synopsis: Taken from the Back Cover:

  This novel is about:

  "Millie Keith, a bright and energetic twelve-year-old living in the charming
town of Lansdale, Ohio, in 1833. Her world is about to be turned upside down
when her Pappa announces that he is moving the family west to an undeveloped
town on the frontier. The eldest daughter of eight lively children, Millie must
shoulder responsibility for her mischievous brothers and sisters on the
perilous journey and learn to trust God for her uncertain future....Millie's
Unsettled Season is the first book in the A Life of Faith: Millie Keith Series,
which follows the exciting life and times of Millie Keith. Based on and adapted
from Martha Finley's 1876 sequel to the popular Elsie Dinsmore novels, this
revised and updated, modern-language edition introduces readers to yet another
delightful Christian heroine." The language of this novel is updated and
modernized by Kersten Hamilton.

  Comments:

  I read and prevalidated the book. The book had many slang, and variant
spellings of words which my spell checker flagged. I checked every flagged word
against the printed one in order to make sure that the word was spelled
correctly. This book is an easy validation for anyone interested in juvenile,
Christian fiction.

  Monica, this novel might be a good one for you to read and validate since you
have a teenage daughter who might enjoy reading it and discussing it with you.
A family project (smile).

Barbara