[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Publisher Possibility

  • From: "Pavi Mehta" <pavim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 18:17:38 -0800

Quick update on this --- our Publisher Liaison forwarded on Jim's mail to her
contact at Wiley, and within a few hours received a response with an invitation
to discuss this further next week! The note from a member/volunteer definitely
helped fast track the process. We should really think about more ways in which
to make your voices effectively heard by the publishers we work with and those
we would like to work with... it definitely makes a difference!

All good things,
Pavi

From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] New Publisher Possibility

Hi,
I very much like the Dummies series John Wiley and Sons puts out. They also
do a great job on technical material. What is the process for seeing if
they can be added on as a PQ supplier?

Thanks.

Jim

James D Homme, Usability Engineering, Highmark Inc.,
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"The difference between those who get what they wish for and those who
don't is action. Therefore, every action you take is a complete
success,regardless of the results." -- Jerrold Mundis
Highmark internal only: For usability and accessibility:
http://highwire.highmark.com/sites/iwov/hwt093/