[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Publisher?

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 13:32:14 -0400

Ah, when doing a few spot checks of the new books I did see Norton, but I couldn't tell that that was the one because of all the other publishers and imprints mixed in.

On 8/30/2015 12:33 AM, Ali wrote:

The new publisher is W. W. Norton. Which, as I recall, was one of the publishers we were told would definitively never partner with Bookshare back in the day, when we first began to receive the publisher quality books. Fortunately, as with Penguin, something seems to have changed in the intervening years, and we're now getting their entire back catalog as well as that of their imprints.

On 29/08/2015 23:52, Roger Loran Bailey (Redacted sender rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:
Every night just before bedtime I skim the most recently added books. Last night I noticed that over a thousand new books had been added to the collection in the previous twenty-four hours. Tonight I notice that there are over four-thousand. A huge influx of new books like this usually happens only when a new publisher is signed up and they upload most of their catalog in the first few days. I suppose that happened this time too, but what with all the previous publishers that have signed up and what with all the imprints I can't tell which one it is. With over four-thousand books in one day, though, it must be a major publisher. Does anyone know who might have just signed up?