[bksvol-discuss] New International, was Re: Re: Scanning Guideposts & Read. . .

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:32:58 EDT

This reminds me of something though. I asked this once before and never got
an answer, so now that the subject of magazines is up I will ask it again.
There is a publication called New International. It calls itself a magazine,
but it is not like other magazines in the least. It is not published on a
regular basis. Issues may be published a few months apart or even a few years
apart. It consists of various articles of a political nature and it is
apparently published only when a sufficient number of suitable articles are
accumulated to justify a new issue. The articles are usually referent to
current
affairs, but since they are also theoretical in nature they are not easily
dated and can even be thought of as articles on historical topics. The
publication has the appearance of a trade paperback book and the title of the
lead article is usually prominent across the cover with the name New
International in the background both on the cover and the title page as if New
International was the name of a series. In virtually every way it is an
anthology
published in the form of a trade paperback book except that it calls itself a
magazine and its publisher calls it a magazine or a journal. My question is
whether this would be suitable for Bookshare. Because it is officially a
magazine I doubt it, but I wanted to ask because anyone just looking at it
would probably call it a book and I could imagine it being accidentally scanned
for Bookshare as a book.

"The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies
the end.
" Leon Trotsky

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

Scanning Guideposts & Readers Digest

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Guideposts & Readers Digest
Date:
9/27/2009 2:23:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
wdmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Bob,

there is a quick link on Bookshare for periodicals and you can look up the
newspapers and magazines it does carry. The number of magazines is very
small.
However, there are a number of newspapers.

-- Doug