[bksvol-discuss] New Free Text To Speech For Windows

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:23:37 -0800

I'm always excited to find another screen reader, especially when they are
free. Actually, I can't take credit for this find, BlindBargains.com was the
first one I saw talking about it.

Balabolka is a Russian word, meaning "chatterer". Now, it's also a free
text-to-speech program for Windows with both installable and portable USB
versions.

Due to its design, the program may be more ideal for low-vision users who need
text read to them from time to time. Text on the clipboard or in a document can
be saved to a WAV, MP3, or OGG file, for example, for later reading. It uses
your installed SAPI engines such as Microsoft Mike or the Neospeech voices.
Several languages are available, and development is ongoing.

Click this link to download Balabolka from the Softpedia website.

----------------
"If you go without playing the trumpet for one day, no one knows, two days,
only you know, and more than three days without practicing, girl you better
look out, because everyone will know!"
Today, I find myself constantly saying those words, just to get myself going,
to not give up, and it works. Since I learned to play the trumpet at the tender
age of 10, I have spent so much passion and much diligence with that instrument
that I will not give up on it. Sometimes my instrument puts me into awkward
situations where I feel like they won't ever end, but the trumpet gives me a
lot of hope with the majestic, crystal-clear sound it brings to my ears.
Chela Robles
E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
MSNWindowsLive Messenger: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: jazzytrumpet