[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Computer

  • From: Julia <julia.kulak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 16:08:32 -0500

Hi Sue and list.
I think that Paul at Kurzweil said that 32 bit computers would work with Kurzweil 11, but 64 bit would not, but don't quote me. You might want to give them a call and see what the final word is on that.
Julia

On 11/03/2011 2:46 PM, Melissa Smith wrote:
I don't believe that Word 2002 works with Windows 7. I know that, when we bought my parent's Vista computer a couple of years ago, they said we had to have at least 2003 to work with it. I would assume it is the same for 7. I know Kurzweil 12 is supposed to work with 7 , but am not sure about earlier versions.

Melissa Smith

Thank you, Martha. I will download them onto my compact flash reader. I have notepad and wordpad already installed on the compputer, but when I try installing older programs, such as Word 2002 and Kurzweil 1000, they do not work right. So maybe I can either find out what I do wrong or what I should install for proofing books.
Sue S.