[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Bookshare Volunteer

  • From: "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 20:23:21 -0500

Hi Jean,
I want to echo lisa's welcome to the volunteer list and to volunteering. I know that you've already found out how valuable a tool this list can be. Please keep in mind that no question is too silly or bothersome. Again, Welcome!
Marty

-----Original Message----- From: Lisa Gorden-Cushman
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012 6:37 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: New Bookshare Volunteer

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 17, 2012, at 2:43 PM, Jean McDonald <jjmcdee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, everyone:

I'm a new Bookshare volunteer, having just checked out my first book to proofread last Friday. Because I'm new at this, I picked a book that wasn't too long. I saw immediately that the scan had some issues (missing title page (there is a copyright page), some missing page breaks, garbled text). I went to the public library over the weekend and checked out a physical copy of the book but I'm wondering how much I'm allowed to fix. Can I add all of the things that are missing, or is it better to reject the book?

Any guidance or suggestions on how I should proceed would be welcomed. I'm excited to get involved with Bookshare but want to be sure I start out on the right foot!

Thanks, Jean