[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Bookshare Volunteer

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 19:34:07 -0500

Yes, fix everything you can. If it was someone who could not get a print copy to repair then it might be a good candidate for rejection, but if you know that you can fix it and are willing to do what you have to do to fix it then by all means go ahead and do so.

On 12/17/2012 5:43 PM, Jean McDonald wrote:
Hi, everyone:
I'm a new Bookshare volunteer, having just checked out my first book to proofread last Friday. Because I'm new at this, I picked a book that wasn't too long. I saw immediately that the scan had some issues (missing title page (there is a copyright page), some missing page breaks, garbled text). I went to the public library over the weekend and checked out a physical copy of the book but I'm wondering how much I'm allowed to fix. Can I add all of the things that are missing, or is it better to reject the book? Any guidance or suggestions on how I should proceed would be welcomed. I'm excited to get involved with Bookshare but want to be sure I start out on the right foot!
Thanks, Jean