[bksvol-discuss] New Bookshare Volunteer

  • From: "Larry W. Honaker" <kc8pdx@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 02:24:36 -0400

Greetings All:

I have been a Bookshare subscriber for several years and now wish to
contribute something back to the great library we have so thoroughly
enjoyed.

I just validated my first book and went thru the acceptance upload. Can one
of the experienced validators give me an idea of what happens next; that is,
how long does it take for the administrators to verify and get the book in
to the collection?

It was a short book, so that worked out well for my first adventure in to
this world. I did have some difficulty with the final version I created from
my mPower--I may like to communicate with another Braillenote user on that
issue.

Final success was achieved using Word and with this particular short book I
did not lose much time but in the process I learned a lot already.

Look forward to participating in this great group of volunteers.

Larry W. Honaker

email:  kc8pdx@xxxxxxxx
skype: doublezero2369