[bksvol-discuss] New Book Submission

  • From: Barbara B <scootergirlred@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Book Share Volunteer Group <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 01:49:00 -0700 (PDT)

I just submitted: On God's Side: What Religion Forgets And Politics Hasn't
Learned About Serving The Common Good -- VOLUNTEER

Because I wanted to read it, not only did I scan it, but I proofread it as
well. Therefore, the proofreader will have an easy proofreading job. Below is
some information about the book:

Title: On God's Side: What Religion Forgets and Politics Hasn't Learned about
Serving the Common Good – VOLUNTEERAuthorCopyright HolderCopyright
DateISBNBrief SynopsisLong Synopsis
According to Abraham Lincoln "My concern is not whether God is on our side; my
greatest concern is to be on Gods side." Lincoln led America through one of the
most tumultuous times in our nations history. Reading his words today, it is
clear we still have much to learn concerning what it means to be on God’s side.
Best-selling author, public theologian, and leading Christian activist, Jim
Wallis, speaks directly into our current context, revealing the spiritual
compass we need to effect lasting change in our society. He explains how the
good news of Jesus transforms not only our individual lives but also our public
lives. Jesus’s gospel of the kingdom of God helps us recover a personal and
social commitment to the common good and shows us--in concrete ways--how to be
both personally responsible and socially just. Working together, we can reshape
our churches, society, politics, and economy. In the midst of contentious
national debates on gun control,
 immigration, budget deficits, and more, this book moves the conversations
beyond current media and political warfare to bring together a divided country.
Wallis explores how Jesus’ agenda can serve the common good, what it takes to
sustain a lifelong commitment to social justice, and how reading the Bible as
well as the culture can shape our lives for genuine transformation.Comments
scootergirlred@xxxxxxxxx

HAPPY READING,

Barbara

 : I put the footnote information in brackets, put a line as the header in
order to prevent the page numbers from being stripped, and drew a line to
separate the main text from the footnotes. Not only did I scan this book, I
also proofread everything except the Index Section. A word of caution: When I
transferred the file to Kurzweil 1000, multiple pages occurred. Therefore, if
you proofread the book via Kurzweil, make sure that each page in the final .rtf
version has its own page break.: : In this book, Jim Wallis discusses how
evangelical Christians can contribute to the world around them in terms of
political, religious and social realities. His desire is to bring
reconciliation to the Christian community, liberals and conservatives, in order
to serve the common good and to bring Jesus’ kingdom vision to Earth.:
9781587433375: 2013: Jim Wallis: Jim Wallis