[bksvol-discuss] New BSOs

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 20:17:53 -0400

I have been noticing lately that BSOs are appearing on the checkout list and the submitter is named as Approval Queue Volunteer 4. That would mean that someone at the Bookshare office is submitting them. I wonder what is going on. If these are old books in the collection with a fair or good quality they are usually replaced when a quality report is made on them, but in that case they are ordinarily rescanned and then submitted to an outsourcer for proofreading. I am wondering if Bookshare is finally trying to clean up those fair quality books - and fair quality actually means unreadable - by rescanning them and giving them over to the volunteers to proofread. That is a speculation on my part, but it would be interesting to know what they are actually doing.