[bksvol-discuss] Re: New 4 Me: Photos

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 03:25:23 -0700

Hi Marilyn,

Let's see. I think I wasn't clear at all, so will try again to be less garbled. If the page before the section of the book containing photographs is say numbered page 97, then there are ten pages of photos, and the page after those pages containing photographs is numbered 108, then I would keep in the photos/captions. In this instance, the presence of pages containing photographs has not interrupted the sequential numbering of pages. In this instance, I would definitely keep in any references to them in the table of contents, regardless of anything else.

The only time that I remove photos and/or captions is when this happens. Very often in nonfiction books, true crime especially, the center of the book is taken up by photos. The page of text before the photos may be numbered 85 and the page immediately following the photos will be numbered 86. In this instance, I remove the photos and their captions, or move them to the end of the book, because not removing them would mess up sequential numbering of pages.

Did I do better this time? Am I making more sense, or should I leave this one for someone more eloquent than I am to try to explain?

I'm really really sorry if I'm just making things worse. I am trying to be clear.

Let me know if you want me to shut up, or keep trying on this one.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 06:42 PM 4/12/2008, you wrote:
Thanks, Mayrie.

I'm not sure I followed your response.  I just checked
and the pages with the photos do NOT interrupt or
mess up the page numbers of the book.  In that case,
I think I will ignore the photos, captions, and photo
credits.  Should I remove "Photo Credits" from the
Table of Contents?

Thanks,
Marilyn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>