[bksvol-discuss] Re: Nero Wolf Was found 8 new Agatha Christie books!

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 10:33:49 -0700

I don't think that it is true that we frown on duplicate books. Personally, I don't think it should matter. I'm validating two books now that are part of the NLS collection, and very well recorded at that. There are many here who, for one reason or another, such as being deaf-blind or hard of hearing, can't access most of NLS's collection - since most of it is on tape. So whether a book is available from NLS should not be a factor in deciding whether to scan it for Bookshare. If it isn't in the collection, and it does not violate the legalities, then it is fair game.

I also like Nero Wolfe, but when other commitments will allow me the time to scan any is something I'll have to look at. One thing in their favor is that most of them are not very long books, so they should be fairly quick scans.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>