[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need some pointers!

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:49:35 -0500

Jim,  I also use your secondary method for searching for non keyboardable
junk.  Works great.

G.

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

The Pardees <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>
06/16/2004 01:01 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need some pointers!

Guido's method of finding junk characters works great and is the one he
taught me. I have added one little feature,  I have made a file of non
keyboard characters as I have run across them and then  load the  check
file and switch back between that and the book pasteing each non keyboard
character in the find field.  This works great for finding bullets  degree
signs etc.
Jim

At 12:35 AM 6/16/04 -0400, you wrote:

>How do you search for junk characters using K 1000?  Things like ^* and
the
>like, as these are usually my curses.  And the ever popular bullet that
The
>Braillenote calls character 34580.  smile.  How can I search and replace
>these?
>

>Shelley L. Rhodes and Judson, guiding golden
>juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
>Graduate Advisory Council
>www.guidedogs.com
>
>If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is
>anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.
>
>      -- Edgar Watson Howe
>

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---