[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need some pointers!

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:04:12 -0500

Jim,  that's exacly how I use ranked spelling.  It's great for a first
quick pass,  then I move on to other facilities.

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

The Pardees <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>
06/16/2004 03:57 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need some pointers!

Guido,
I agree. I very seldom use rank spelling to delete words. I use it to
ignore words  and correct ovvious errors to cut down the time in the spell
checker.
\
Jim
At 01:51 PM 6/16/04 -0500, you wrote:

>  it is better to drop out of the spelling dialogue and do either manual
>changes or use the search/replce dialogue.

> Guido D. Corona
> Austin Tx.
> IBM Research,
> (512) 838-9735
> Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
> http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html
>

>   <>
>Sent by: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/16/2004 12:13 PM Please
>respond to
> bksvol-discuss
>     To bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   cc    Subject [bksvol-discuss] Re:
>Need some pointers!
>

>The word can be deleated in rank spelling in the suggestions box with the
> delete key. I don't know if it can be done without leaving the spell
checker
> Jimm
>

> 12:38 AM 6/16/04 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>Hey Guido and others is their a way to delete a word that the Spell
checker
>>finds in K 1000 most of the words I find I need to fix are this kind,
where
>>deleting them in the prescription for fixing.
>>
>>smile.
>>

>>Shelley L. Rhodes and Judson, guiding golden
>>juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>>Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
>>Graduate Advisory Council
>>www.guidedogs.com
>>
>>If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is
>>anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.
>>
>>   -- Edgar Watson Howe
>>

>>---
>>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
>>

> ---
>
>  --- Incoming mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus
>system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.699 / Virus Database: 456 -
>Release Date: 6/4/04

---