[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need guidance on validating 36 hour day

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:07:08 -0700

Hello,

Also, there are instances in which folks may need a particular book scanned for a class. In this instance, in order to be able to have the book in time for them to use it, the validator named in a hold may also be the student needing to use the book for school. If someone else takes a book in such an instance, the person who needed it may not have it in time to use it for school. Generally speaking, at least when I have submitted books with holds on them, I have not found that they languish for long on the step 1 page. This is probably not the case in all instances.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 02:34 PM 8/1/2007, you wrote:
Hi Jamie,

The idea of putting "Hold For" in the title is born out of cooperation between volunteers. For example, if I am very interested in validating "Catcher in the Rye" but I don't have access to a scanner or a library, I could ask Carrie to scan it for me. She could get the book, scan it, and then submit it to step 1, with "Hold For Claire" in the title, so that I have the opportunity to validate it. This way other volunteers know that I've arranged with Carrie to validate this book, so they should leave it for me to pick up.

Claire