[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need a Volunteer to Proofread a Science Fiction Book

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 14:47:09 -0500

Thanks Aidee, since it’s interlibrary loan, it’ll probably be a couple weeks
before I get the book and get it scanned. I’ll let you know when it’s ready if,
as you say, noone else wants to do it.
Thanks again.
Incidentally, I probably should have added in my original post that I’m
rereading Neverness in preparation for reading my scan of the first volume in
Zindell’s Requiem for Homo Sapiens trilogy, The Broken God, of which Neverness
is a standalone prequel. Bookshare has the second and third volumes in that
trilogy direct from the publisher but not the first one. Bookshare got them
over four years ago, so it seems unlikely the publisher, Bantam, will be
sending the first one. I can only speculate that, since it was published in
1994, there’s no electronic copy to send. So once I get The Broken God into the
collection, the trilogy will be complete, and with Neverness redone properly,
all four of Zindell’s very imaginative and thoughtful books set in that
universe will be in excellent quality. I’ll be glad to have played a part in
that.
Evan