[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need Help with Table of Contents

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 00:18:39 -0700 (PDT)

Unfortunately, neither amazon nor B&N allow us to look
inside the books--and they don't have the exact same
copy anyway--nor does my library.

I found two different editions at ecampus.com, neither
of which has the same ISBN number as your book. Here
is a list of titles, though, that may help if you can
figure out the page nmumbers. The two different page
numbers here are for the two different editions -- I
think. Otherwise I don't know why there are two
different page numbers.

G.Cindy

Introduction            8       (5)
        The Crucible
                13      (8)
        Witchfinding in England
                21      (12)
        The Origins of the Witch Hunt
                33      (10)
        The Flames of France
                43      (64)
        The Hexen in Germany
                107     (50)
        Scandinavian Sabbats
                157     (10)
        The Spanish Inquisition
                167     (22)
        The Witch of Umbria
                189     (6)
        Hammer of the Scots
                195     (28)
        The Irish Experience
                223     (6)
        Burning on the Channel Islands
                229     (2)
Further Reading                 231     (4)
Index           235
--- Lori Castner <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi, I am validating a book entitled Witch Hunt:
> History of a Persecution by Nigel Cawthorne.  If
> someone could check the Table of Contents on Amazon
> and email me the titles of the chapters, I would
> appreciate it.
>
> The titles are not readable in the Table of Contents
> of the Book or when they appear in the text, so I
> would appreciate assistance.
>
> If needed, the isbn for the book is 0-7607-5858-1.
>
> This book has been on step one for a very long time,
> and although it is very difficult to read, I am
> determined to get it off this step and into the
> collection.
>
> My email is
>
> loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Thanks.