[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need Help With This Series

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 07:35:00 -0400

Amber, thanks for your help. (smile) These are books that keep me reading till the end, even though I started out with them because they were the first real books that my daughter would read without it being assigned reading. I was thrilled to see her reading since she'd always fought me on that. Now I see why she likes these so much, and we've had some great mother/daughter talks about so many things. Sometimes we parents really want to talk to our kids about the big issues but don't know how to start. These books bridge the gap for us and give us a jumping off point. Now I'm sure she knows about some important things and knows she can talk to me openly if she takes a wrong turn in mlife or makes some dumb mistakes. I think it's pretty cool to have books that are fun and exciting to talk about life instead of dull, boring, or preachy books on doing the right thing.

Monica Willyard

At Wednesday 10/18/2006 01:09 AM, you wrote:
Monica:
I just put the book on hold, and will pick it up in the next few days.
Amber