[bksvol-discuss] Need Book

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:02:13 -0500 (CDT)

I'm writing my memoir and it would be helpful to me to have a book which
was published in about 1940. It is The World at My Fingertips, by Karsten
Ohnstad, published by Bobbs-Merril. It tells how the author lost his
sight, attended the minnesota School for the Blind and then went to
college. Since I also attended this school, the book would be a great help
in refreshing my memories. I have no scanning facilities, and very little
money, but perhaps someone could get it from a library and scan it. It
used to be available in braille from NLS, but it's no longer in their
catalog, and although people are looking, it's rather doubtful that a
braille copy still exists. In any case, it's a very good read.

For those who are curious, you can find an outline and two sample chapters
of my memoir at www.godtouches.org/memoir.html

Thansk,
John

--