[bksvol-discuss] My two Cents about Proofreading

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 08:56:00 -0700

Hi, speaking strictly for myself, I don't think one can say a book is
proofread unless the person doing it reads every word of the book from
first to last. If you don't do that, how can you be sure that something
hasn't slipped by your notice. It seems to me this is the only way to be
sure you've done the job properly. I also think it helps to correspond
with the submitter in case you have questions about the text. Sometimes
I need to verify if what I think is correct actually is correct. I'm
very glad that folks are concerned about the quality of the file because
I appreciate having something which is a pleasure to read. I think about
how the book will be readable while I'm proofreading. I want what I do
to enhance what the submitter does so the book will be a joy to read for
anyone choosing to download it. Regards, Kim Friedman.