[bksvol-discuss] My Thoughts on Credit values

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:01:01 -0400

I think the split is something like $2 for the submitter and $0.50 for the
validator.  I think this is based on the assumption that the scanner will do
some clean-up before submitting.  If we in fact submit a good $2 scan, then
perhaps $0.50 for validation is fair, but when the scanner doesn't clean up
before submitting, then this is not really very fair.

I'd personally be more comfortable if there was greater equity in the
distribution of credits for submitters and validators.  I've been validating
this weekend to help work down the list, and out of the eight books I've
validated, only one was an easy/$0.50 job.

Equity in earning credits may also relieve the problem of receiving more
scans than volunteers can readily validate.

Just my two cents worth while I take a brain break from a pretty tedious
validation.  The text is beautiful, but the book is full of charts and
graphs that I'm deleting because they're just gibberish.  I'm about half way
through and my dentist appointment next week is starting to look pretty
interesting.  <grin>

Peace and Hope,

Donna