[bksvol-discuss] My Submissions On Step 1

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 01:22:34 -0400

Hi, everybody. As volunteers, we sometimes think it's a little odd if we see a bunch of books being held for someone, so I want you all to know what's going on with my books that are held for Laura Ann. I have scanned literally hundreds of books over the past year and began to get further and further behind in actually getting them ready for Bookshare. Now, with just a few weeks notice, I've learned that my aunt is moving in with us and that I have to get rid of the print books I've already scanned as part of making room for her. Talk about hitting the panic button! Laura Ann has graciously offered to help me get some of my books ready and can work with my daughter by phone to rescan pages if they're needed. I've got around a week to 10 days to make sure none of my books have missing pages or pages that need to be rescanned. So if you see books held for her, it's not because I don't want anyone else to work on my books. She's helping me get out of a mess of my own creation and is making sure that the books are excellent when you see them in the Bookshare collection. I'll be uploading a bunch of books without holds later this week. I hope this post will help us sidestep the whole debate about whether books should be held since this is a short-term situation with a clear resolution. I'm so grateful for Laura Ann's help. Thanks for understanding, and I hope you'll enjoy the books once they're in place.

--
Monica Willyard
Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/plumlipstick