[bksvol-discuss] Re: My Search Experiences, WAS: Re: Re: Modify Search Boxyikes on the new search

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:39:47 -0500

I like the new search too. It appears that the main complaint is not being able to find exactly what one is looking for. It seems obvious to me that if you don't find it it's not there. It is, indeed, like Google. At Google you enter your search terms and get a gazillion results. If what you are looking for is not in the top results you know that you need to refine your search terms. In the case of the new Bookshare search, though, it appears that titles and authors are given the highest weight and there are combo boxes right there at the top of the results to refine your search in that particular direction if you want.

Roger Loran Bailey

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, & the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press: