[bksvol-discuss] Re: My Progress As a New Contributor

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 18:32:26 -0500

Hi Cane,

You shouldn't have to worry about accented letters if you go into Recognition settings and tab over to languages. You'll find a very large number of languages can be selected for recognition. In the case of this particular book, just check French and Spanish, and any words in those languages, including their diacritical marks, will come out much better. Not necessarily perfect, of course, since OCR isn't perfect in English it won't be perfect in any other languages; but you should find the accents coming out pretty reliably in my experience. Conversely, if you have only English checccked, no diacritical marks will be recognized. If you want them to appear, you need to check languages in which they are used before they will be recognized.

Welcome to volunteering.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kane Brolin" <kbrolin65@xxxxxxxxx>