[bksvol-discuss] My Pocket Veto of Poul Anderson's BSO Scan

  • From: mswanson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 20:37:05 -0500 (CDT)

I sent a similar message to this one a couple weeks back, but sent it to
Freelists.com.  Guess What!

Anyway, I see that "Inconstant Star", by Poul Anderson, is still on Step
1, and that it's a rescan or BSO.

While this may not be his best work, Anderson is an important voice in SF.
 The problem is that the beginning of the book is ttally
incomprehensible--without a print copy, that is.  There's a blurb, some
unreadable text, an ISBN number containing letters, and a good ISBN
number, all jumbled.  The rest of the book is quite doable, but someone's
going to edit and not simply validate the first few pages.

BTW, I should be coming off vacation mode soon; but please send a C/C of
any comments on this to my address below.  Many thanks, and it looks like
there's work to be done in Step Number One.  I.E., more links on that page
than a few weeks ago.

--
 "If things went according to the death notices, man would be absolutely
perfect." --Erich Remarque.  Pax, Max.  <Mail to: mswanson@xxxxxxxxxxx>