[bksvol-discuss] Re: My Friend Rabbit can't do it

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:52:55 -0500

Cindy, smile no rush.  After all the Caldecott are a work in progress even
if someone in the BK office who loves kids books. I was just passing on and
giving warning that the book just would not work just scanning it, just
doesn't.

That does indeed explain why I wasn't able to scan it, and nope, no tactile
what so ever, though I suspect it could be turned into one, but I don't have
the skills.

Still, we want all the Caldecott.

I also sent it to a VI but much better vision person, who does kids books to
Anastasia, she isn't on this list though.  And she if she might want to take
it up, will let you know.

Anyone else is of course allowed to chime in, smile, if they want it.

So we shall see.

But it does explain why the Poor OCR didn't know what to do, smile.

Ah, well.

I have

Saint George and the Dragon
Sylvester and the Magic Pebble
Make Way for Ducklings
Mirat on the Highwire to try, so we shall see how I do.

Picked up one called "luck of the Irish" that might be good, is another book
by a kid author.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council