[bksvol-discuss] Multiple replies: book total, Comments, Memoirs, Narnia

  • From: Cindy R <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:48:49 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry, but this time I'm in a big hurry,  so rather
than post these separately I'm posting them once.
There are headings, though, since I had planned on
separate postings:

Cindy

Book Total

Peter or Jesse ought to be able to tell us. Last year
they had the total and the goal they'd like to reach
before the CSUN conference.

BTW, someone, I think it was Shelley, posted here a
little while ago that Alison was leaving and wished
her luck in her new ventures and life. I'd like to add
my best wishes, too, if it isn't too late. Will she be
replaced?

Mary,

I totally agree with your reply to Rachel that it
would be very nice to know the condition of a book
before we download for validations.  If I could know
the genre of books on the download list (I can't tell
from author and title whether it's romance or mystery
-- I just know it sounds as if it's fiction)  or why
the book has been returned a lot I'd know whether it
was something I could download and fix.  If there are
a lot of terribly garbled sentences and the book is
huge and not a toic I'd be interested in reading,
because fixing a lot of missing characters and
sentences would involve actually reading the book,
then I wouldn't download it. Or maybe the thing to do
would be to download and reject it. But if it's
something I'd like to read, then I wouldn't mind
fixing it.

Guido, I don't recall ever seeing a Comments section
in books  I've considered download, or for that
matter, in books I've downloaded. I guess that's just
been my bad luck.

Memoirs of a Geisha

Dilsia, I hope you can get the information from the
scanner about the book, but if not, please don't nuke
it. I can't get to it right away, but I loved the book
and I'd love the opportunity to reread it and fix it.
I have 5 other projexts to do first, though. Although
Shelley et al, maybe I'll pass on The Magician's
Nephew and let one of you who expressed an interest
rescan it.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail