[bksvol-discuss] Re: Mp3 of Scanning Presentation Available

  • From: Ali Al-hajamy <aalhajamy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 18:15:39 -0400

I believe we are having a second part for that presentation, so your clarification was very helpful as we will notify everyone of that information whenever we do it.

On 24-May-12 15:47, Deborah Murray wrote:
Hi Monica,

I just listened to your presentation on optimizing your scanning experience
and wanted to make a comment.

You spoke of a problem with the Opticbook 3600 driver on a Win7 64-bit
system.
This is the set-up I've been using for almost a year and your assertion
requires a little fine-tuning. While it is true that one no longer can set
the scanner lamp to "never turn off," you do not have to wait for the lamp
to warm up before each and every page you scan.
As long as you don't wait more than approx. 5 minutes after you scan a page
you can keep scanning with no delay whatsoever.
Yes, it is tedious to have to wait for that warm up if you have to stop
scanning for a few minutes to edit your scan or something else, but it's not
as bad as having to wait that long prior to every single page.

Anyway, just wanted to make that clarification for what it's worth...
The discussion on the use of cameras was also very interesting and
helpful--thanks.

Deborah